Should You Have Your Own Business Website?
On this day, Facebook, Instagram, and any other app in relation crashed worldwide! In minutes, these apps were down for hours! Network issues, whistleblowers, who knows! No one knows exactly what happened! Millions of people solely use these apps every day for their businesses and to connect with their audience. Today, a lot of those people missed out on business, money, and the ability to connect with their audience. I'm here to tell you, yes you should have your own business website! Here are some reasons why:
- You have full control over the content you share
- You have full control over your online presence
- You have ownership
- You have a chance to create an "exclusive" community
- You can reach the people who aren't on social media platforms
- You have full control over your website design
- No advertisement interruptions
- No video length limits
- No wondering if your content is being seen by your audience
There are a lot of website platforms that you can choose from! Here are some that I recommend:
Now I know that some of you may still not be sure! And that's okay! When you're ready, use the user friendly website builders above. If you have no idea how to build a website, hire a website designer! Invest in yourself! I'm not saying get rid of social media platforms altogether, but let it be the backup to your website! I'm sure this will not be the only outage that we will have, so be prepared so you can continue business as usual!